All original & clean - only 2 owners since new - garage-kept since 1982
- Location: Huntington Beach, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Trim: Champagne Edition II
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 157,000
- VIN: 2282101642
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 2L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1978 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Champagne Edition II overview
This is an all-original, 2-owner Champagne Edition II bus that's been beautifully preserved and well cared for.
Volkswagen sold less than 200 of these in the U.S. in 1978, making it one of the rarest of the buses.
I purchased it in December and brought it down to SoCal with the intention of keeping it as a family beach shuttle, but a job change has shifted my priorities and I need to let her go, sadly.
Brought to the U.S. from Germany in 1982 by the original owner, she has been kept snug in a garage in Oregon for 35 years by the 2nd owner. She's as original and clean as they come.
Runs, shifts, and drives flawlessly and with plenty of power. She was tuned up and serviced in early January, and can be driven across the country without hesitation.
- 157,750 original miles
- All stock and original - never restored
- Original paint looks amazing with minimal surface rust
- Undercarriage is rock solid (see pics)
- Clean dash - no cracks, with clock. Comes with the radio block out plate.
- Factory AC under under the dash (not connected)
- Clean headliner, nice rear bench, front seat backs are great but the bottoms are worn.
- Factory cargo area 1/8" floor board and 1/2" floor insulation board (rare) under the carpet
- Cargo floor is beautiful and front floor is solid
- Seat pedestal rubber is original - and good (never removed)
- Rear spare tire and tire cover with locking tabs, with factory tire strap
- Retractable side step with original spring still attached (rare)
- Comes with owner's manual
- Clean Oregon title, registered through 10/2017
I'm happy to assist with shipping and answer any questions. I just want this beautiful bus to go to a good home where she'll be driven and enjoyed for years to come.