Russian Soviet Classic 1989 UAZ 469 (NOT Lada Niva Volga GAZ VAZ ZIL Land Rover)
- Location: Duluth, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: UAZ 469 (NOT Lada Niva Volga GAZ VAZ Land Rover)
- Model: G90
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 24,000
- VIN: 1HGCM82633A004352
- Color: Green
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
1989 UAZ 469 (NOT Lada Niva Volga GAZ VAZ Land Rover) G90 overview
An iconic car, full of character and history, legendary UAZ-469. This particular one is actually a transitional model from 469 to 31512 manufactured in 1989. This is a so called “Commander's Version”. What differs the 'Commander' version from a regular 'Kolhoz” version is that in addition to standard 4x4, it also has two-speed transfer gearbox with a demultiplexer, and that it has 220mm (about 10 inch) higher clearance than the standard model. There are few more internal diffrences, but I will not go in to it. Bottom line, this is a true military vehicle...
Well, if you are looking at this listing, you should probably already know what it is. Moreover, if you are going to shell out the kind of cash I am asking for it you better be an informed buyer. So, I will not go on in to telling this model's history, as I am sure none of you are banned on google, and look it up for yourself.
The car is in the USA for about a year and a half. It is titled and registered in Georgia. Because it is over the age of 25 years it is exempt form the emission testing in most of the sates (except for Nazifornia, the cradle of hate and intolerance for everything real men love...). The car comes as pictured. The only things that are not installed but are included are the door windows. The Car has no VIN. The title indicates state issued VIN.
In the past 18 months this is what has been replaced:
– new radiator
– NEW ALL WIRING IN ENGINE, BEHIND DASHBOARD AND FOR THE REAR. All Rewiring was done by an electrical engineer who's day job is wiring US military MRAPs. All wiring is done with custom made high gauge cables braided in to harnesses, encased in gophers and accessorized with high quality US connectors where each was individually crimped. Trust me, this is THE BEST electrically wired UAZ in the World. About actual re-wiring of this car I could write a small novel...
– All new electrical relays, switches, resistors, etc...
– New 65 AMP alternator. The old one was 45 amps and was not enough for the winch, fog lights and other things.
– New dash board tools panel
– new fuel sensor
– new oil pressure sensor
– new washer liquid tank, pump and sensor
– New ignition lock
– New turn signal relays
– new distributor
– New battery
– New muffler
– New camshaft cog
– New fuel pump
– New door windows
– New soft top
– New 4 windows. I have never even unwrapped them I did not use this car during the winter and in the summer, you really do not need windows with it. But the windows are included with the purchase of the car. See pictures
I probably am missing few small parts, but you get the picture...
Obviously I did not drive the car too much. This is not your average commute car. This is a post apocalyptic monster, which feels like a tank and drives like a tractor. This is absolutely awesome and unusual car for the USA. It is quite a head turner. When I wheel it out of the garage on weekends, all my neighborhood kids come around and beg me to drive them around our development in it. Once I had 12 in for one ride. We only go 10 to 15 MPH, so it is OK.
Please, no low ball offers. I am not financially strapped and I know I am selling something that is well worth what I am asking for it, especially when you consider the hassle the expense and logistics of finding a car, exporting/importing, and last but not least, fixing the little and the big things. The entire process and the financial aspect of it can be compared to a death by a million paper cuts. Also, take in to the consideration that this car has not been “enhanced” by “kolhozniks” aka as “ the collective farmers”, and is being sold pretty much in its original military configuration. You do NOT see a franken-car here with a steering from VW, seats from Hyundai, rims from Toyota, engine form Nissan and tranny from Ford. I have only enhanced things which needed to be enhanced, like the electrica, adding a winch and a the grill bars.
More pictures Below
There are actually four windows here. Never installed or even opened.