1955 GMC 150 4x4 Big Back Window Big Block
- Location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Model: Other
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 49,357
- VIN: 1528CY1390
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 396 Big Block V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
1955 GMC Other overview
Up for sale is a very rare 1955 GMC 150 Big Back Window 4 wheel drive truck with a strong running big block Chevy and 4 speed manual.
- The paint job looks older and I would probably call it an amateur quality job. It has some dry spots, runs, etc.
- The chrome and trim is in decent driver quality. The grille has a small spot of chrome peeling.
- The wheels are nice aluminum aftermarket 16" with like new Michelin LT265/75/16" tires.
- The glass is in good shape and both door windows roll up and down smoothly.
- The wood bed looks to be older but it is in good shape as well.
- It has an aftermarket hitch mounted to the frame under the rear of the truck.
- The truck is very solid underneath.
- The interior is in very nice shape overall.
- The dash is nicely painted and clean.
- The door panels are painted and not scratched up.
- The carpet is new and really nice.
- The seat cover is in really good shape and doesn't have any large tears.
- The steering wheel is in good shape as well.
- The windshield wipers have been converted to electric and work very well.
- The heater works and blows nice and hot.
- The engine is a very strong running 396 big block Chevy with a 600cfm Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor. The casting number is 3969854.
- The transmission is a 4 speed manual with the low first gear, commonly known as "granny low".
- The front axle appears to be a later model Dana 44 and the rear end looks to be original.
- The truck has been converted to power steering and drives well, but it does ride a little bouncy. It drives pretty typical to what you would expect for a 4 wheel drive, overall.
- It has what looks like Rancho shocks on the rear and a steering stabilizer up front.
- It still has the original 4 wheel drum brakes but stops straight and doesn't pull one way or the other.
Contact the seller