1963 Ford falcon convertible
- Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Falcon
- SubModel: futura convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: futura
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 57,000
- VIN: 580079776B63L
- Color: White
- Engine size: 6 cyl.
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Automatic
- Interior color: Teal
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: CD Player, Convertible
1963 Ford Falcon futura convertible overview
You are looking at a 1963 Ford Falcon convertible.
It is a automatic (on the column) with a straight-6 cylinder 170 motor with a single barrel carburetor.
Current owner bought the car in November 2009 with the plan to fix it up to drive it during the summers.
The car has been stored in a heated garage 8 months of the year since current owner bought in 2009.
The car is originally from Oregon. I live in Buffalo, NY.
The car has been driven sparingly: About 3000 miles a summer.
You will see that there is a parts catalogue for MAC’S Antique Auto Parts, which deals solely in antique Ford parts. They are a local company (to Buffalo, NY). I have been able to replace any part I needed.
The following is a list of work done to restore the car for the purpose of driving and using it:
1) 11/2009: Rebuilt motor and transmission. 13000 miles on rebuilt original motor and transmission;
2) 12/2009: Replaced distributor;
3) 03/2010: New carburetor, exhaust, and front end;
4) 04/2010: Seat recovered and new carpet installed (authentic replacement)
5) 06/2010: New battery and front shocks
6) 07/2011: New brakes—all wheels;
7) 04/2012: New springs on front and back end and new rear shocks;
8) 04/2012: New gas tank, fuel pump, and sending unit;
9) 09/2013: New soft top;
10) 06/2014: Replaced faulty battery, paint touched up and green trimcompletely redone;
11) 07/2014: New radiator
12) 04/2015 After photos; chrome windshield frame redipped to remove tin pitting
I have changed the oil on the car every 1500 miles and take very good care of it.
It was restored in order to be driven, however, someone could make this a show car if desired. I am not finding enough time to use the car lately. I have had a lot of fun with it. It’s just time to sell it. However, I do want to get an appropriate price for it, and if I cannot I will not sell the car.