1987 BMW 528E SUPER ETA! ORIGINAL RUST-FREE CALIFORNIA E28 W/RARE 5 SPEED STICK!
- Location: Redwood City, California, United States
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Trim: 528E
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 315,600
- VIN: WBADK7307H9652683
- Engine size: 2.7 LITER INLINE SIX CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1987 BMW 5-Series 528E overview
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1987 BMW 528e E28 sedan!
Finished in Alpine white over bone leather, this 30 year-old classic BMW sedan has been driven an average of just over 10,000 miles per year [315,XXX total miles]. It sports an excellent running 2.7 liter "super eta" inline six cylinder engine mated to the rare and desirable 5 speed manual transmission. It sports electric leather seats, electric windows and sunroof, updated cd stereo, on-board computer, 16" E39 mesh wheels with good rubber and more. It is being sold with clear and clean California title and current 2017 registration and accident-free Carfax report. PLEASE NOTE: As you see in my "teaser photos" I also have several other classic BMWs in my collection. 1986 535i 5 speed, 1986 M5 clone, 1985 635CSi, 1988 535is art car and other E39s. I am open to a package deal on two or more cars. ALSO I can mix and match wheels and other parts if desired.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1987 BMW 528e is in very good 99.9% rust-free condition with a nice overall shine to the paint finish. There is a small dent crease on the right front hood, some hazing to the aluminum bumper finish along with typical rock nicks, scratches and other light blemishes on this always California car.
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this classic BMW is in DECENT but not superb quite original condition overall. The speedometer, odometer, electric windows, sunroof, lights, blinkers, horn all function, Imperfections inside this 528e include dash cracks, OBC does not illuminate, driver seat twisted, beat up and needs rear panel re-attached, drivers door panel chewed up, carpets stained and rear seat all tattered. The heat works great, I have not tried the a/c and all of the dash lights light up brightly.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1987 BMW starts up well, has surprisingly smooth and strong running engine, excellent shifting transmission, good barking and straight and solid tracking down the road. Three decades later at 300k+ miles, this is still a quite satisfying car to drive!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1987is being sold with clear and clear California title and current 2017 registration. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied.California buyer will receive current smog certificate. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, TEST DRIVE VIDEO OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.